Young Adult Ministry
Serve, Worship, Grow
Young Adult Ministry in the Diocese of Missouri is creating spaces for young people to share mutual concern for one another’s well being and develop a sense of shared values.
The Rev. Aaron Rogers is our Ministry Developer for Young Adult Ministry. He defines "young adult" as anyone between the ages of 18 and 40 -- which is a large group that includes students heading off to college, young professionals, and those starting families.
Young Adult Advisory Council
The following diocesan members serve as an advisory team to the Rev. Aaron Rogers.
Please click the arrows to advance the pictures and hover over the photos to see the names.
Sharing Our Stories: Young Adult Reflections on Faith
Young Adult Ministry Resources
Young Adult Ministry Trend Report
The Young Adult Ministry Trend Report is a publication of Try Tank at Virginia Theological Seminary. It is produced by a team of seminary faculty and church practitioners - including the Rev. Aaron Rogers -- as they engage youth and young adults in their ministries.
Click the links below to download the newsletter:
Spirituality & Formation
- Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Being Christian: Baptism, Bible, Eucharist by Rowan Williams
- Being Disciples: Essentials of the Christian Life by Rowan Williams
- Sustainable Young Adult Ministry: Making it Work Making it Last by Mark Devries and Scott Pontier
- The Spirituality of Young African Americans by Amelda M. Wright
- Spiritual Formation In Emerging Adulthood: A Practical Theology for College and Young Adult Ministry by David P. Setran and Chris A. Kiesling
Building a Young Adult Ministry
- Young Adult Ministry Now: A Growing Guide by Steve Argue
- Growing Young: 6 Essential Strategies for Helping Young People Discover and Love Your Church
- Adulting for Christians: An Interactive Guide for Keeping the Faith while Learning the Ropes by Jenny Ingram
Ministry to Growing Families
- Church + Home The Proven Formula for Building Lifelong Faith by Mark Holmen
- Adoptive Church (Youth, Family culture)- Creating an Environment where Emerging Generations Belong by Chap Clark
- Home Grown: How to Equip Parent for Spiritual Leadership by Tina Houser