Children and Youth Ministries
I’m so glad you’ve landed on this page. My name is Erin Pickersgill and I am the Ministry Developer for Children and Youth for the Diocese of Missouri.
I am here to help YOU connect with other children and youth ministers, to be resourced, to give your resources away, to share ideas, and to encourage and help you through the Safe Church, Safe Communities training.
I want you to always have current information for future events, trips, and projects. My hope is that this webpage will be a place you can rely on for up to date registration forms for events, news, and helpful contacts.
If you ever have any questions, concerns, or ideas when it comes to your work with children and youth, I would love to hear from you! Together let’s get excited and curious about what the Spirit is saying about and to the young people in our diocese.
Reasons to contact Erin
Reasons you might want to contact me:
- “I am a volunteer Sunday School teacher at my church and I want to be connected to other folks serving in similar ways.”
- “I have just begun Safe Church, Safe Communities training and I feel stuck or confused.”
- “I am a paid/volunteer youth leader at my church and I want to connect with other youth leaders.”
- “I am a rector or priest in charge with very few youth in the parish; how can I serve children and youth when they come so sporadically?”
- “I want the young people in my church to get connected with other youth in the diocese.”
- “I am interested in being a chaperone at a diocesan-sponsored youth event.”
- “I want to co-sponsor a youth or children formation program and don’t know where to start or what other communities might be interested.”
- “I think there are some youth in my church who would really appreciate being a part of a Diocesan Youth Rep group.”
- “I’ve read through the information on the webpage and I still have questions about _____ (event, trip, etc).”
- “I love what the diocese is doing for children and youth - how can I give to one of their projects or scholarships?”
- “I’m wondering if something I experienced should be passed onto the diocesan Safe Church team.”
- “My church has material resources (Godly Play or VBS) it isn’t using at the moment - how do I share these with others?”
- “I’m a parent of a teenager - how do we get plugged into a church around us?”
- “I have extra chocolate and want to send it directly to Erin.”
Inviting youth to EYE23
Calling all 15-19 year-olds for a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with The Episcopal Church!
Visit the Safe Church page of this website to get all information, policies, and resources on our diocesan commitment to keeping children, youth, and ministry workers safe.
Camp Phoenix is a traditional summer camp with Episcopal values that seeks to bring campers into contact with God and into closer community with each other.Read More »