Bishop's Medals and Honors
The Rt. Rev. Deon Johnson revived a tradition in The Diocese of Missouri by presenting Bishop's Medals during the 2021 Diocesan Convention. The honors were given during the convention worship service, November 18, 2021, at Christ Church Cathedral in St. Louis.
One by one, the bishop read statements about individuals from throughout the Diocese who have offered outstanding service to our church and community. He presented eight individuals and one congregation with medals and certificates. Those in attendance at the service showed their appreciation with standing ovations.
Recipients of the 2021 Bishop’s Awards:
- Tom Hedrick - Served as Diocesan Treasurer for 11 years
- Robert Buckley - Sexton at Christ Church Cathedral for 30+ years
- The Rev. Dr. Warren Crews - Founder of The Episcopal School for Ministry
- Susan Rehkopf - Longtime Diocesan Historian & Archivist
- The Rev. Chester Hines - Chair of the Diocesan Commission on Dismantling Racism for 40+ years
- Donna Erickson - Pastoral Servant Leader; member of Emmanuel Episcopal Church in Webster Groves
- Canon Precentor Pat Partridge - Organist and Choirmaster at Christ Church Cathedral for 40+ years
- The Rev. Canon Doris Westfall - Canon to the Ordinary; Christian leadership
- The Congregation of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Portland - Ministry leadership in rural Missouri community
Watch the presentation of Bishop's Medals: