Visit Abraham Lincoln Historic Sites
Saturday, April 1, 2023, 7:30 AM
The Diocesan Dismantling Racism Commission invites you to take a day trip to Springfield, IL, on Saturday, April 1, 2023, to learn more about Abraham Lincoln's life and legacy.
Because this will be a fun and educational tour, the Dismantling Racism Commission encourages families to attend with their children and youth. A limited number of sponsorships are available for youth and their adults to attend (anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). If you are interested in having your family's trip sponsored, please check the box on the registration form and contact commission member Alice Stanley for more information.
Tour these Springfield sites:
(click on the links to learn more about each site)
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum
- Lincoln's Home National Historic Site
- Lincoln's Tomb
- The Springfield African American History Museum
- Trip date: Saturday, April 1
- Meet at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 110 N. Warson Rd., St. Louis
- Our motorcoach bus departs at 7:30 a.m.
- We'll return at approximately 7 p.m.
- $38 per person (sponsorships available for youth members & accompanying adults)
- Payment due by March 10
- Lunch on your own (several restaurants within walking distance)
Pay by credit card:
Pay by check:
Download this registration form
and send it with your $38 (per person) check to:
The Episcopal Diocese of Missouri
1210 Locust Street
St. Louis, MO 63103
Attn: Rita Benson
Tags: Events / Dismantling Racism Commission