Lenten Study from Calvary, Columbia
Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:15 AM
Ceremonies for remembrance and release
This three-part series will invite us deep into the heart of who we are as Christians and explore how liturgy and Scripture invite us to consider our own necessary ceremonies for remembrance and release. Our presenter, Kim Becker, will draw on her ministry as priest and poet, weaving Episcopal tradition with personal experience informed by her Cherokee heritage. She will also share from her latest book that takes its shape from the Cherokee ceremony for the dead.
Not a poetry-lover? No problem! This will be part presentation, part discussion with no poetry skills or affinity necessary.
- February 28: At Home in the Wilderness
- March 7: The Power of Ceremony
- March 14: The Call to Transformation
- 10:15-11am via Zoom invitation
- These discussions will not be recorded to afford open and honest conversation.