Revival in the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri
March 15, 2024
"What we have got to keep in mind is that revivals, throughout history and right now, are not just events - they are movements."
-Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
Get ready for an Episcopal revival in the Diocese of Missouri!
Presiding Bishop Michael Curry speaks during ReviveATL in Atlanta, Georgia, on Jan. 22, 2020. Photo: Diocese of Atlanta
Presiding Bishop Michael Curry will be visiting the Diocese of Missouri for a gathering that will include inspiring worship, compelling teaching, honest faith-sharing, intensified prayer, and engagement with the mission of God – all for the sake of the spiritual renewal and transformation of people and society.
The revival will be held Friday, March 15, 2024 and will be the centerpiece of a weekend of special events in the Diocese. The theme of the revival is "I Love to Tell the Story."
"Stories are the launching pad for us to engage in evangelism," said the Rt. Rev. Deon Johnson, Bishop of the Diocese of Missouri. "At its heart, evangelism connects our story to the larger story of God."
"My deep prayer is that we will come to see ourselves not simply as The Episcopal Church, but as the Episcopal branch of the Jesus Movement: A community for whom Jesus Christ and his way of love is our way of life and the heart of our witness in the world," said Presiding Bishop Curry. "A revival movement means this becomes ever more true and real for us."
The revival will be free and open to all members of the Diocese and the general public. Mark your calendars and invite your friends and neighbors to what promises to be an inspirational event with Presiding Bishop Michael Curry!
What to Expect
Watch this video to get a glimpse of what an Episcopal revival is all about, along with a special message from the Presiding Bishop:
A team of lay and clergy members from throughout the Diocese has begun making plans. We will be adding details to this page as they become available.
The planning team includes:
- The Rev. Ann Dieterle (co-convener) - Calvary Episcopal Church, Columbia
- Michael Reiser (co-convener) - Christ Church Cathedral, St. Louis
- Tina Dillon - St. Mark's Episcopal Church, Portland
- Bill Eldridge - Calvary Episcopal Church, Columbia
- The Rev. Shug Goodlow - St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Ellisville
- Janis Greenbaum - Diocesan Director of Communications
- The Rt. Rev. Deon K. Johnson, Bishop of the Diocese of Missouri
- The Rev. Mtipe Koggani - Grace African Christians Connection, St. Louis
- The Ven. Harry Leip - Trinity Episcopal Church, St. Louis
- Valorie Patton - Episcopal Church of All Saints & Ascension, Northwoods
- The Rev. Canon Whitney Rice - Canon for Evangelism & Discipleship Development
- Aaron Rogers - Trinity Episcopal Church, St. Louis
- Cavin Samson - Faith Christian Church of India, Ballwin
- The Rev. Canon Doris Westfall - Canon to the Ordinary
Our working committees include:
- Greeters and Ushers
- Liturgy and Music
- Prayer Teams
Mark your calendars for March 15, 2024!