The resolutions committee will publish a call by July 1 for resolutions to be submitted for consideration by the Diocesan Convention. (The committee will contact the president/chair of each convocation, president of the Standing Committee, the vice-chair of the Diocesan Council, and the chair of the General Convention deputation.) The committee collects all resolutions submitted at least 50 days prior to convention.
They then meet to review submitted resolutions, combine similar resolutions if appropriate, make sure submitted resolutions are in line with the National and Diocesan Canons, if desired check with appropriate diocesan bodies for input, standardize language, and then accept, reject or modify resolutions.
The committee will submit accepted and modified resolutions for the second diocesan convention mailing, and meet to draft courtesy resolutions. Under the direction of the presiding officer, the committee will propose resolutions to convention.
Resolutions Committee Members
(Appointed by the bishop at the 2020 Diocesan Convention)
- Dr. Michael Booker - St. Francis Episcopal Church, Eureka (elected 2015)
- The Rev. Dawn-Victoria Mitchell - Trinity Episcopal Church, Hannibal (elected 2017)
- Betty Bowersox - Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood (elected 2018)
- The Rev. Beth Scriven - Rockwell House Campus Ministries, St. Louis (elected 2018)
- The Rev. Earl Mahan - St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Manchester and The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Town & Country (elected 2019)