The nominations committee meets by June 1 of each year with appropriate representatives of the Offices of the Bishop to determine the vacancies to be filled by election at the following convention of the Diocese of Missouri. By June 30, the committee will contact the president/chair of each convocation, president of the Standing Committee, the vice-chair of the Diocesan Council and the bishop to solicit suggestions for potential candidates.
The committee will publish the vacancies to be filled by election. The committee is encouraged to promote new potential leaders to each position. The committee's goal is to nominate three (3) candidates for each position. (Canonical requirement.)
The committee collects written consents and biographical information from all candidates. (Canonical.) The committee then forwards the nominations with appropriate documentation to the Secretary of Convention no fewer than fifty (50) days prior to convention. (Canonical.)
The committee conducts elections under the direction of the presiding officer. (Canonical.)
The committee will meet a minimum of once a month in June, July, and August to discuss progress towards meeting the obligations of the committee.
Nominations Committee Members
Term expires 2021:
- The Rev. Amy Fallon - Trinity Episcopal Church, Kirksville
- The Rev. Dayna Jewson - St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Manchester and The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Town & Country
- The Rev. Kevin McGrane - St. John's Episcopal Church, Tower Grove
- Ryan Rapp - Trinity Episcopal Church, Hannibal
Term expires 2022:
- The Rev. Todd McDowell, Chair - Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood
- Rudy Walz - Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Webster Groves