Apply now for Episcopal Service Corps
Applications are now available for the 2021-2022 service year with the Episcopal Service Corps. ESC is a network of young adults ages 21-32 serving through locally organized intentional communities that are dedicated to:
- Serving others in solidarity
- Promoting justice in community
- Deepening spiritual awareness
- Discerning vocation
Everyone serving through ESC commits to a year of volunteer local service, as well as a household Rule of Life, regular spiritual direction, discernment and community practices. Corps members receive housing, health insurance, and small stipends to cover living expenses, transportation and food.
The Deaconess Anne House in North St. Louis is our local branch of the Episcopal Service Corps.
A year with Deaconess Anne House means:
- living with 4-8 other young adults of faith in Old North St. Louis
- spiritual formation in morning prayers, weekly worship, time with a spiritual director, and discernment workshops
- classes in community organizing, theology, and the enneagram
- meaningful service experience at a nonprofit
- strategic involvement in the faith and justice community
- all living expenses paid plus a monthly stipend and completion bonus
- access to jobs and preparation for life after this year of service
Get the application here.
For more information about the Deaconess Anne House and the Episcopal Service Corps, please contact the Rev. Michaelene Miller.