Shape Up Your Stewardship
from the Episcopal Network for Stewardship
As the summer deepens, many congregations begin to think of their fall stewardship campaigns. For the last few months, our churches have been deep in transition as we have adapted to social-distancing guidelines and have learned how to be in community viewed through screens and over websites. By now we’re professionals at virtual and streaming services, and we have learned how to find Church in our living room, share the spiritual feast gathered around our dining room tables, perhaps we’ve become used to having our pets in our laps as we worship.
The next skill to face us is to learn to learn how to conduct stewardship campaigns virtually. The usual ways that we look to create community and get out the message will be different this year. If yours is a congregation that relies on small groups or house church meetings to get members talking about their gifts, TENS has developed ways to use technology to gather meaningfully. For congregations that use announcement time for member testimonials, during virtual church, we’ll have to do these differently this year. TENS has worked with social networking experts and pastors across the nation to develop tools that will help congregations facilitate community and conversation for the purpose of celebrating our mission and raising money for our needs.
This year’s materials combined with our ZOOM workshops in July and August will help you and your congregation navigate these new times, using technical and pastoral best practices. Please download our tools through the members portal and invite your stewardship teams to sign up for workshops. Together, we will lead our congregations into faith-filled generosity.
Blessings for abundance,
J. Davey Gerhard III
Sign up for these workshops on Virtual Stewardship
- July 25 10 AM PDT Virtual Stewardship 101 - Review virtual offering plates and answer questions about virtual best practices. Click here to reserve your spot.
- August 15 10 AM PDT Creating Virtual Community for Stewardship - learn more about how to create meaningful small groups and pastoral teams virtually. Click here to reserve your spot.
- August 29 10 AM PDT How to use the TENS 2020 Materials for your Stewardship Campaign - Walk through this year's resources to maximize their usefulness. Click here to reserve your spot.
Learn more about the Generosity 365 Academy "Extra" event on August 1! This free series features church fundraising professionals and stewardship experts. Participants will be able to learn some best practices for fundraising in a virtual era. Registration opens on July 8!
- Joe Park, CEO of Horizons Stewardship and Lisa Greenwood, Vice President for Leadership Ministries for the Texas Methodist Foundation and Executive Director of the National Association of United Methodist Foundations
- Sidney Williams, CEO of Crossing Capital Group, Pastor of the Bethel AME Church in Morristown, New Jersey and author of Fishing Differently: Ministry Formation in the Marketplace
- Meredith McNabb, Associate Director for Educational Programming for the Lake Institute on Faith & Giving at Indiana University
Visit the Episcopal Network for Stewardship website: