Top 7 Things to Know about the Bishop Nominee Walkabouts
Are you ready? The nominees for the 11th bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri will be here Nov. 4-7 and you’ll have four opportunities to meet and hear from them about their vision for our diocese. Here’s a handy list of things to know.
- We have three nominees. In alphabetical order, they’re the Rev. Stacey Fussell, the Rev. Deon Johnson and the Rev. George Smith.
- We know their backgrounds. See videos from each nominee and read about their backgrounds on the diocesan website.
- Four days of walkabouts. Walkabouts run Monday through Thursday: Nov. 4, at Christ Episcopal Church, Cape Girardeau; Nov. 5, Trinity Episcopal Church, Central West End, St. Louis; Nov. 6, Calvary Episcopal Church, Columbia; and Nov. 7, St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, Creve Coeur. More details here.
- The format. After a brief refreshment period, attendees divide into separate rooms. They stay seated as each nominee rotates through each room for a Q&A session.
- Written questions only. We will accept written questions from attendees submitted on notecards provided at the outset.
- The introductions. Each nominee will have a few minutes to introduce themselves before the Q&A starts.
- The discernment. Remember, we’ll have a chance to discern something about the nominees—but they’re also discerning something about us!
Still have questions? Email email@example.com for more information.