Walk a Mile in My Shoes
What: ECM’s Walk-a-thon
When: Saturday, September 21, 2019
Time: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Where: St. Louis University High School track
4970 Oakland Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110 (next door to the St. Louis Science Center)
Come help raise funds to benefit Episcopal City Mission’s work to bring hope and healing to children in the juvenile justice system at ECM’s second annual “Walk a Mile in My Shoes” walk-a-thon. It is sure to be a good time for all ages and abilities – whether that’s a few steps, one lap, a full mile, or more AND will help raise funds for ECM!
- $15 adults
- $5 children (under 5 free!)
- $40 family max.
Please pay at the event (cash or check only), or...
What is Episcopal City Mission (ECM)?
ECM provides hope and healing for children age 11 to 16 in the Juvenile Justice System in St. Louis, primarily through our chaplains, who represent the compassionate face of a loving God by:
- Being a caring, non-anxious presence to children in trouble
- Listening, spiritual guidance, Sunday worship
- Offering life-changing programs to children inside the detention centers and in the community to children who are “court involved”
- Facilitating special events: faith-based Hip Hop concerts, monthly birthday parties, holiday gifts
- Distributing Bibles, books, journals, games, etc.
Why is this so important?
Because we believe . . .
- in the healing power of God’s presence.
- the children we serve are more than the worst thing they have done.
- all children deserve a second chance.
- children aren’t disposable and are worth our time and attention.
- the calming presence of our chaplains reassures the children that someone cares about their spiritual well-being.
Learn more at ecitymission.org.