Applications now accepted for New Ventures grants
New Ventures in Community Ministries Grants are funds to support projects involving new ministries and new visions in the neighborhoods of poverty, in the city, and in small communities and rural areas. These projects (which may include new aspects of existing programs, as well as entirely new projects) are to be do-able, manageable, replicable, and sustainable by congregations. Consideration will be given to projects that serve the poor, the needy, the lonely and disconnected, the aging, children and youth, and the suffering. Diocesan congregations are encouraged to work ecumenically or with community organizations.
Grant awards will range from a minimum of $2,500.00 to a maximum of $25,000.00.
- Week of May 20, 2019 - The Committee for New Ventures in Community Ministries Grant announces the process for applying for the grants. Application material is available from the Offices of the Bishop.
- July 26, 2019 - Deadline for submitting Abstracts to the Committee, via the Offices of the Bishop.
- August 9, 2019 - Notice of regret or acceptance regarding Abstracts. Congregations notified whether or not they should proceed to Phase II of grant application.
- September 27, 2019 - Deadline for submitting Formal Application.
- Mid-October 2019 - Committee receives advice and consent of the Bishop and Diocesan Council.
- November 2019 - At the Diocesan Convention, Bishop will announce the grant awards. Committee notifies congregations that did not receive awards.
- Mid-January, 2020 - Grant money is available mid-January and distributed upon request.