Living Your Baptism: May Retreat offered by Episcopal School for Ministry
The Episcopal School for Ministry will offer a retreat on May 10-11 at the Mercy Center in St. Louis.
This retreat will give participants an opportunity:
- to explore how their current rhythm of life and prayer helps them live into their baptismal vocation
- how to think theologically about how they participate in God's mission through prayer, and
- to enrich their pattern of life.
This retreat will also give participants means to explore how they are already using their gifts in the service of God's mission. This work will be based on an inventory of gifts, values, and passions, and help participant identify those.
The retreat will provide the tools to help foster those practices that sustain, nourish, and encourage flourishing of life and ministry.
This retreat is open all persons in the Diocese of Missouri, and can serve as an introduction to the life and learning of the Episcopal School for Ministry.
This retreat would be particularly appropriate for those thinking about discernment toward ordination or religious life. For those who decide to enroll in the School for Ministry, it will serve as the first session of the course on Christian Spirituality. For those interested in enriching their spiritual life, the retreat can stand alone.
The retreat will provide the "raw materials" for developing a personal rule of life. Those who decide to continue with Christian Spirituality will finish the first term with a workable rule of life.
- Starts at 6:00 pm Friday, with evening prayer, ends Saturday at 5:00 pm
- Cost is $100 ($31 for commuters). For overnighters, half the cost can be applied to ESM tuition if they decide to enroll.
- Register by emailing the dean at email@example.com
- Meals included
- Primarily for Episcopalians, though interested others may attend
- Link to Facebook event
Wishing to speak further about Christian Formation and Discernment? Contact the Rev. Loren Lasch, diocesan Canon for Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org.