Invite! Welcome! Connect! with Mary Parmer, 3/2
The transformational ministry of Invite Welcome Connect with creator Mary Parmer is this year's diocesan leadership conference.
- Saturday, March 2, 2019, 9:00 am- 3:30 pm
- held at Grace Episcopal Church, 514 E Argonne Dr. in Kirkwood, 63122
- for all church leaders, lay and ordained
- 140 registrants capacity
- $35 cost includes lunch on Saturday, and optional reception at Grace on Friday, 3/1 from 5-6:30 pm.
- Register online by Friday, February 22, 2019
- Childcare available if requested before 2/22
Invite Welcome Connect is not a program, but a transformational ministry helping congregations move from a maintenance culture to a Gospel-driven mission culture.
This ministry includes three Bible essentials:
- Invite is evangelism. Providing the tools to help invite others to church, learning how to articulate and share faith stories, and creating avenues to involve the local community. Using communication as an evangelism tool, whether it be conversation, website, or social media. The deep truth of invite is courage versus fear.
- Welcome is the ministry of hospitality. This essential assists congregations in creating organized, comprehensive strategies for welcoming newcomers into our communities of faith. The deep truth of welcome is recognizing the other.
- The Connect essential is helping people who attend our churches discern their God-given giftedness and then empowering them for ministry in the Body of Christ and in the world beyond. The deep truth of connect is the sacred act of hearing with the heart.
The Invite Welcome Connect website is filled with tools and resources, free to use. This workshop with IWC creator Mary Parmer offers an intensive introduction to the materials and theology, and an opportunity to network with other churches in the diocese using and beginning to use IWC.
Mary Parmer will also be preaching and teaching at Grace on Sunday, 3/3 at worship services at 8 and 10 am, and the adult forum at 9 am.
The Leadership Conference is organized each year for the diocese by the Standing Committee. This year, Grace Church is a partner in bringing this opportunity to the diocese. If you have any additional questions, please contact Standing Committee member Brooke Forsyth at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shari Bonham at email@example.com.