The Way of Love: Advent Edition
Presiding Bishop Michael Curry has invited the whole church to take up The Way of Love, a “rule of life” focused on practices for Jesus-Centered Life. On the Episcopal Church website see videos including Bishop Michael's introduction of Way of Love at General Convention this past July. Read more about engaging The Way of Love, developing and following a rule of life, walking with others, the Jesus Movement, and more.
- Journeying the Way of Love: 4-week Advent Curriculum pegged to readings and themes from the Sunday lectionary. Ideal for Christian formation hour offerings at churches and ministries exploring the Way of Love.
- Following the Way of Love: 9-session Small Group Guide for groups that seek to reshape their lives around Jesus and his Way of Love. The guide details best practices for organizing small groups and discipleship groups, and then moves participants through reflection, discernment, action and deep commitment around the seven practices. Excellent for small groups, vestries, ministry leadership groups.
Downloadable resources available from the Episcopal Church website (free):
- Way of Love wallet card
- Way of Love brochure
- Covenant and Commitment Ritual
- Way of Love Reflection & Discernment Handout
Print resources available for purchase from Forward Movement:
- Printed sets of Way of Love wallet cards in English and Spanish
- Way of Love brochures (English and Spanish)
Faith communities, dioceses, and organizations following The Way of Love are invited to share their stories and resources using #wayoflove on social media posts, or send to:
For more information or to share your story or resource, please contact 212-716-6102 or