Sharing your ministry story: communications workshop on 10/13
The meme: it's that engaging blend of image and text on social media-- humorous, thought-provoking. It catches our attention, gives us pause when it resonates. We like it, we repost it. More and more it's the introductory handshake of social media.
And it's simple to create.
Open to 40 participants, this year's diocesan communications workshop will include a morning working session where we will make our own churchy memes. Step-by-step we'll cover everything meme-related from content and creation to distribution and automation. You'll need to bring your laptop/tablet/phone to access your social media accounts and your phone/camera to snap a few images.
Afternoon sessions will highlight website re-design and coordinating church communications with volunteers.
You'll leave with a step-by-step manual on memes, some Way of Love wallet cards and evangelism badges and resources, a prayer project item, and hopefully a head full of ideas.
Open to anyone who is passionate about sharing ministry and faith stories, and wants to develop more skills to do so online.
- Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018
- from 10 am to 2 pm
- held at St. Timothy's Church, 808 N. Mason Rd in Creve Coeur
- No cost for workshop, $10 to order a Bread Co lunch
- Register online diocesemo.org/commconf
- optional session at 9 am for those who have not yet set up a Twitter or Instagram account
- optional Q&A from 2-3pm for any unanswered questions