Opening the Red Doors: Leadership conference scheduled for March 3, 2018
"Opening the Red Doors: What brought us in, will bring others in, too" is the theme of the 2018 Diocesan Leadership Conference presented by the Standing Committee of the Diocese.
The day's conference leader is the Rev. Kimberly Jackson, Associate Rector of All Saints Episcopal Church in Atlanta. She's a public theologian and a fierce community activist. Kim will engage us in thinking about how to increase our appeal and relevance to those who are most often not in church. She will share her own experience as a black lesbian Episcopalian who came to the Episcopal Church in her college years. She will facilitate conversations about what brought the rest of us and how we might use these stories to reach others. The conference will also include workshops for senior and junior wardens, with additional vestry orientation.
- Saturday, March 3, 2018 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- For all diocesan church leaders, lay & ordained
- Held at St. Francis' Episcopal Church, 602 Rockwood Arbor Dr. in Eureka 63025
- Fee is $25 perperson (or $100 for congregation, 6 person maximum) and includes lunch
- Register online at tiny.cc/Leadership2018
- Free childcare--BY ADVANCE REQUEST ONLY
- Registration and childcare request deadline is Friday, February 23, 2018
- Other questions? the Rev. Rebecca Ragland at firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Brooke Forsyth email@example.com
- Flyer for parishes