Missioner for Jubilee Ministries
The Rev. Deacon Barbi Click serves as the Missioner for Jubilee Ministries.
Jesus in his earthly ministry stood with the poor, the marginalized, and the oppressed. All followers of Jesus are called to carry on the ministry of caring for the least and the last.
The Missioner for Jubilee Ministries seeks to be a convener of our mission to stand with those who live on the margins. This is a social justice ministry of advocacy and service for the poor, oppressed, and marginalized within the Diocese of Missouri. This is a ministry to encourage and empower communities of faith within the diocese to advocate and act towards meeting the basic human needs of those on the margins. The Missioner will serve alongside the Diocesan Hunger Task Force.
The Missioner’s responsibilities shall include:
- The creation of a Council of Advice to assist in carrying out their duties.
- In consultation with the Bishop, designate “Jubilee” ministry centers within the Diocese.
- Provide resources to communities of faith within the Diocese focused on advocating and acting on the behalf of the unhoused, oppressed, and marginalized.
- Preach and teach in communities of faith that make up the Diocese.
- Submit an annual report to the Diocesan Convention.
- Offer presentations to Diocesan Council, which highlights the ministries designed to alleviate poverty and marginalization within the Diocese.
Jubilee Ministry Centers empower those who are poor and oppressed in their communities by providing direct service, such as food, shelter, and healthcare, while also advocating for human rights and social justice.Read More »
Task Force on Hunger members are volunteers from congregations throughout the Diocese of Missouri. We meet every other month to carry out the business of supporting, and acting on behalf of, hungry persons.Read More »