Communications supports members of the diocese in faithful witness of our life in Christ, our dialogue with one another, and with the world.
The communications director for the Diocese of Missouri is Janis Greenbaum. Your participation in this ongoing conversation is vital, and your ideas and suggestions are welcome.
We are forming a new collaboration throughout the diocese in 2020. Our goal is to create a network for sharing ideas, solving problems and spreading the Good News.
- Do you need assistance with your parish or ministry communications?
- Do you have expertise in a particular area of communications?
- Do you have an interest in improving our diocesan communications?
- Contact Janis to be a part of the communications team or to schedule time to chat.
Messages from the Bishop
- Messages to the diocese from the Bishop of Missouri, the Rt. Rev. Wayne Smith
- Official publications of Diocesan Convention and governance including our Constitution and Canons and yearly Journals
- Official print publication, the quarterly Seek: voices of the Diocese of Missouri
Please submit all articles, pictures or information for publication to Janis.
2020 Seek publication schedule:
Submission Deadline Distribution Date (approximate)
February 10 February 26 (Lent)
May 18 May 31 (Pentecost)
August 3 August 21
November 9 November 29 (Advent)
- Weekly diocesan e-news, iSeek, is published Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
- Contact Janis to submit an event information, pictures or ideas.
- Subscribe to this publication, using the form in the right sidebar on this page.
- JesusHacked: Storytelling Faith, five rotating hosts, finding stories of Missouri Episcopalians following Jesus
(currently on hiatus)
Evangelism on social media
- Directory of diocesan social media presence
Networking and training for diocesan members
- Email list software for diocesan ministries and groups
- Workshops and consulting, annual communications conference
- Facebook group for diocesan web workers using Wordpress, Wix, or Weebly
- Hardware available for short-term loan to diocesan groups
- Liaison to the media
- Participant in church wide communications, A172 Task Force on Leveraging Social Media for Evangelism, test group for asset map web redesign
- Responsibility for diocesan web site