The General Convention is the governing body of The Episcopal Church. Every three years it meets as a bicameral legislature that includes the House of Deputies and the House of Bishops, composed of deputies and bishops from each diocese. The General Convention also includes interim bodies which meet between the triennial sessions to accomplish ongoing work and tasks set in the triennial sessions.
The 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church
July 8 - 11, 2022
Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland
Originally scheduled for July of 2021, the 80th General Convention was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to engage in GC80
Click these buttons to get details about GC80:
GC80 Media Hub
Watch highlights and see pictures from the House of Bishops, the House of Deputies, and daily media briefings (in English or Spanish).
Office of Public Affairs
Get the latest press releases, GC80 schedule, resolutions, and much more.
Episcopal News Service
Get all the legislative news from the professionals at ENS.
Get the news specifically from the House of Deputies.
Diocese of Maryland GC Website
Learn more about our host city and the amazing ministries happening in the Diocese of Maryland.
General Convention Office website
Learn all about the General Convention of the Episcopal Church.
Watch Video Clips from GC80
A livestream of the 80th General Convention was available from both the House of Bishops and the House of Deputies throughout the event.
Selected videos are available for you to watch from both houses, sermons, and greetings made during GC80.
We encourage you to click the link below and watch a few of the videos -- you'll be inspired by our church!
The Diocese of Missouri at #GC80
An elected deputation of 11 lay and clergy members and our bishop represented the Diocese of Missouri at General Convention. The deputies sent in reports (see the blog below) and pictures (see all their pictures here) throughout their time in Baltimore. We are grateful for all their efforts!
Click this headline to see the list of deputies and learn about their duties:
Missouri's Deputation to General Convention
Deputation to General Convention 2022
- C1. The Rev. Tamsen Whistler, Rector, Trinity Episcopal Church, St. Charles
- C2. The Rev. Leslie Scoopmire, Rector, St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Ellisville
- C3. The Rev. Todd McDowell, Rector, Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood
- C4. The Rev. Shug Goodlow, Asst. Rector, St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Ellisville
- C5. (Alternate 1) The Rev. Canon Doris Westfall, Canon to the Ordinary
- L1. Betty Bowersox, Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood
- L2. Michael Booker, St. Francis Episcopal Church, Eureka
- L3. Liz Yount, St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Ladue
- L4. Adrienne Dillon, All Saints and Ascension, Northwoods
- L5. (Alternate 1) Patricia O'Brien, Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood
- L6. (Alternate 2) Chris Masters, Christ Episcopal Church, Cape Girardeau
The deputation to the 78th General Convention in their report to the 176th Diocesan Convention in November 2015, created these guides for the diocese:
News from the 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church
St. Charles Teen Earns a Seat at General Convention
Congratulations to Benisha Buddy, a member of Trinity Episcopal Church in St. Charles, who has been selected to be part of the Official Youth Presence at this summer's General Convention.