The General Convention is the governing body of The Episcopal Church. Every three years it meets as a bicameral legislature that includes the House of Deputies and the House of Bishops, composed of deputies and bishops from each diocese. The General Convention also includes interim bodies which meet between the triennial sessions to accomplish ongoing work and tasks set in the triennial sessions.
The 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church
July 8 - 11, 2022 (new dates)
Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland
Originally scheduled for July of 2021, the 80th General Convention was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to engage in #GC80:
GC80 Media Hub
Watch live coverage from the House of Bishops, the House of Deputies, and daily media briefings (in English or Spanish).
Office of Public Affairs
Get the latest press releases, GC80 schedule, resolutions, and much more.
Episcopal News Service
Get the latest news from the professionals at ENS.
Get the latest news specifically from the House of Deputies (including profiles on all the candidates for President).
Diocese of Maryland GC Website
Learn more about our host city and the amazing ministries happening in the Diocese of Maryland.
General Convention Office website
Learn all about the General Convention of the Episcopal Church.
The Diocese of Missouri at #GC80
We have 11 lay and clergy members representing us at this summer's General Convention. They will be sending daily reports, which will be posted in the news blog below.
Click this headline to see the list of deputies and learn about their duties:
Missouri's Deputation to General Convention
The deputation to the 78th General Convention in their report to the 176th Diocesan Convention in November 2015, created these guides for the diocese:
Deputation to General Convention 2022
- C1. The Rev. Tamsen Whistler, Rector, Trinity Episcopal Church, St. Charles
- C2. The Rev. Leslie Scoopmire, Rector, St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Ellisville
- C3. The Rev. Todd McDowell, Rector, Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood
- C4. The Rev. Shug Goodlow, Asst. Rector, St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Ellisville
- C5. (Alternate 1) The Rev. Canon Doris Westfall, Canon to the Ordinary
- L1. Betty Bowersox, Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood
- L2. Michael Booker, St. Francis Episcopal Church, Eureka
- L3. Liz Yount, St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Ladue
- L4. Adrienne Dillon, All Saints and Ascension, Northwoods
- L5. (Alternate 1) Patricia O'Brien, Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood
- L6. (Alternate 2) Chris Masters, Christ Episcopal Church, Cape Girardeau
News from the 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church
St. Charles Teen Earns a Seat at General Convention
Congratulations to Benisha Buddy, a member of Trinity Episcopal Church in St. Charles, who has been selected to be part of the Official Youth Presence at this summer's General Convention.