Click on the links below to find more information about
COVID-19: Responses from the Church
- Re-gathering Checklist: May 28
Bishop-elect Deon Johnson offers this checklist to parishes as they make plans to open their doors once again.
- An Agape Liturgy for Sundays: May 27
A liturgy written by Bishop-elect Deon Johnson, available for in-person or online worship.
- Updated Guidance from Bishop-elect Deon Johnson: May 27
This document includes suggestions for Holy Communion and other issues for reopening our churches.
- Updated Guidelines from Bishop-elect Deon Johnson: May 13
This document contains updated guidelines for reopening our churches.
- Diocese Offers Matching Grant Program to Support Food Ministries during Crisis: May 13
Bishop-elect Deon Johnson announces plans to provide up to $60,000 in funds to feed the hungry.
- Pastoral Resources in the Time of COVID-19: April 22
Bishop-elect Deon Johnson offers pastoral and practical guides for those ministering to the sick, caring for the grieving and burying the dead.
- The Liturgies of Holy Week and Easter: A Ceremonial Guide for Dispersed Communities: March 30
The Bishop's office has put together a worship resource to take us all through Holy Week and Easter
- The Anglican Alliance Resource Hub - The Anglican Communion
Our worldwide communion shares resources to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Episcopal Church: Concerning COVID-19
Videos, resources and guidelines from the Episcopal Church
- Financial Assistance to Parishes - March 24: Diocesan Council
Diocesan Council has passed a resolution to defer diocesan assessment payments and offer emergency grants to parishes. Download the emergency grant application.
- Updated Guidelines for Church Operations - March 23: Bishop Wayne Smith & Bishop-elect Deon Johnson
New guidelines addressing worship, weddings, funerals, baptisms, and more
- Video - March 17, 2020: Bishop-elect Deon Johnson responds to change of plans
Our Bishop-elect sends a reassuring message the people of the Diocese.
- Update - March 16, 2020: Bishop Wayne Smith & Bishop-elect Deon Johnson
Public worship is suspended throughout the diocese until April 3, 2020, when we will re-evaluate the situation.
- Guidelines for Church Operations - March 16: Bishop Wayne Smith & Bishop-elect Deon Johnson
A list to help congregations continue to be the Church during this difficult time
- Reflection - March 14, 2020: Bishop-elect Deon Johnson
Now is the time for us who follow Jesus to be reminded that “perfect love casts out fear.”
- Update - March 10, 2020: Bishop Wayne Smith & Bishop-elect Deon Johnson
Recommendations to parishes and individuals in preventing the spread of the coronavirus.
- Update - March 4, 2020: Bishop Wayne Smith
We want our members and the public to know that the Diocese of Missouri is responding to the concerns with information, action, and prayers.