Job Description for Parish Administrator Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration
The Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration in Lake St. Louis, MO, seeks a people-oriented, computer-savvy, and efficient part-time Parish Administrator for a busy mid-size parish. We seek a highly motivated individual with exceptional skills in organization, communication, database management, and light bookkeeping. Working knowledge of the Episcopal Church preferred but not required. This position reports directly to the Rector.
- Serve as the communications hub for the parish.
- Be the primary contact with our IT administrator.
- Maintain and update social media and website applications.
- Maintain parish databases and calendar both in-house and online.
- Using MS Office Suite, produce bulletins for Sunday worship and other services; produce weekly e-newsletter, monthly newsletter, annual parish report, and other publications as needed.
- Greet people and answer phones in a pleasant, upbeat, and professional manner.
- Be the primary contact for all building users (12-step groups and others).
- Under supervision of the Treasurer: post donations to accounts, pay bills online, generate checks, reconcile bank statements.
- Maintain up-to-date list of vendors, account numbers, contacts. Order supplies as needed.
- Work with Wardens, Vestry, and other parish leaders to support the ministries of Transfiguration Church, exercising confidentiality and discretion in all parish matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Rector.
This position is part-time, 18 hours per week. Starting wage is $19.25 per hour. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the Rector,the Rev. Lu-Anne Conner, at email@example.com