St. Paul's Carondelet offers Eat, Make, Pray. Join St. Paul's and neighbors for a delicious meal, activity, and prayer.
- Thursdays from 6:30 - 8 pm
Grace Church in Kirkwood offers Summer Sunday School: God’s Gardens
- Sundays at 10 a.m., June 2 – Aug. 4
- Elementary students are invited to spend the summer planting and caring for a butterfly garden at Grace Church. We’ll begin each Sunday in the classroom and move outside as weather allows for hands-on lessons about all God’s creation. No registration or fees required. Just drop in when you can and enjoy!
- The program overlaps with our 10 a.m. worship service, with students joining their families in church in time to share Holy Communion. Middle school and high school students are welcome to serve as assistants.
- Please contact Janis Greenbaum (email@example.com) for more information.
Christ Church in Cape Girardeau is collaborating with Baptist, AME and Presbyterian churches to offer VBS using the ROAR curriculum (Life is Wild, God is Good). Held at the First Baptist Church in Cape.
- June 10- 14 from 6-8 pm
- Friday night we’ll have a visit from some of the staff and animals of Lazy L Safari
- Register via Eventbrite through the Facebook event page
Neighborhood BBQ at St. Paul's Carondelet
- 6/14, 6-7:30 pm
- 7/19, 6-7:30 pm
Calvary Church in Columbia offers a weekend Vacation Bible School: Yee-Haw – celebrating God’s greatest gift.
- for children K through 5th grade
- Dates are: Fri, 6/14 from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm; Sat 6/15 from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (meals included) and Sun 6/16 for a VBS celebration at the 9:00 Family Eucharist Service, followed by a parish picnic.
- Friends and neighbors are also welcome
- Coordinator is Teresa Reeves.
Episcopal City Mission's Summer Celebration is Friday, June 21. Come enjoy a fun evening of dinner, cake & ice cream (Ted Drewes!) face painting & balloon artist, bingo (with prizes for all ages), Silent Auction items, children's raffle. It'll be loads of fun!
- Doors open at 5:30pm
- at Grace Episcopal Church (514 E. Argonne in Kirkwood)
- Tickets will be available at the door: $15 adults/$5 children (ages 5-12; under 5 free!) $50 Family max.
- ECM's Facebook page
St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Sikeston is offering Aslan is on the Move, a VBS about God's love, our families, forgiveness, and our unique gifts that are given by God. We will journey to Narnia.
- June 24-28
- from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Ordination to the Sacred Order of Priests at 6 pm on Monday, June 24, 2019 at Christ Church Cathedral. After a period of discernment, education, prayer, and a season as deacon, these three children of God will be ordained priests by Bishop Wayne Smith: Pamela Stuerke, Laurie Anzilotti, and Martin Geiger. All are welcome to the consecration and celebration!
Interfaith Prayer Service at Pride Fest STL at 10 am, Sunday, June 30, Mainstage (Pine and Tucker). Holy Communion is organizing a choir for the service, and logistics for the parade afterwards. (More information here.)
Red Door Summer Block Party & Community Meal at Christ Church in Cape Girardeau. We have partnered with Cape PRIDE Inc. & PFLAG Cape Girardeau to put on this event in celebration of LGBTQ+ PRIDE Month.
- Sunday June 30th
- 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Blessing of the Bicycles and ride from Trinity Episcopal Church CWE, St. Louis. Whether you’re a person of faith or not, you’re invited to bring your bike into sacred space! Join us for a brief (yet powerful) blessing of the bikes inside the sanctuary. Directly after the blessing, we’ll be offering two different supported routes (25 miles and 40 miles) and an obstacle course for kids 5 and under that will teach the fundamentals of bicycle safety. If your child doesn't have a helmet or bicycle, there will some available to use during the obstacle course. Custom-designed ride t-shirts will be available for purchase, and there will be food (free of charge but donations appreciated) available at the church after both rides. The blessing and supported rides are free, but donations to Trinity Food Ministry will be accepted and greatly appreciated. Special thanks to our Co-Sponsor Mike's Bikes on Euclid Ave in the Central West End.
- Saturday, July 15
- Blessing at 8 am, rides following (until 2 pm)
- Facebook event page
St. Martin's Church in Ellisville offers Athens, Paul's Dangerous Journey to Share the Truth. Join us as we enter the ancient city of Athens. Learn of Paul’s struggles in a society that hasn’t yet learned about Jesus. Shop in the ancient marketplace. Have a snack in the marketplace restaurant. Play the games of the ancient culture. Have fun with friends as we grow in our Christian faith and grow in the love of Christ.
- July 15-19, 2019
- 9 - 11:30 am daily
Camp Phoenix. The official summer camp of the Diocese of Missouri invites campers ages 8-15 for a week of outdoor fun, crafts, and spiritual formation. Rising high school seniors may apply to work as counselors-in-training! Register online at http://camp-phoenix.org/
- July 28th-August 3rd, DuBois Center
- August 5-9
- from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Offering a VBS or Summer program this year? Send us details and we'll post them here and include in the weekly newsletter.