In this diocese
Quiet days, retreats, special services
- Saturday, March 16, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Columbia. Quiet Day / Retreat: Lectio Divina and the Labyrinth at Calvary Church
- Saturday, March 16, 9-noon, Northwoods. Lenten Quiet Day , led by the Rev. Deborah Burriss (Episcopal City Mission Chaplain). Please bring a sack lunch. All Saints and Ascension Church.
- Wednesday, April 17, 7 pm, St. Louis. at St. Paul's, Carondelet. Women of Passion, a special Tenebrae Service focusing on imaginative engagement with the women in the Passion Narrative
- Northwoods, 12 noon, Stations of the Cross at All Saints & Ascension on every Tuesday during Lent.
- Clayton, 12:30 pm, Church Service League Lenten Program at St. Michael and St. George. Tuesday, March 12, Timothy Chapman, “Meditations on the Wounds of Christ – His Head”; March 26, Timothy Chapman, “Meditations on the Wounds of Christ – His Hands and Feet”; April 2, Timothy Chapman, “Meditations on the Wounds of Christ – His Side”; April 16 , The Rt. Rev. Graham Jones
St. Louis, 6:30 pm (and two Sundays) The Way of Love, Trinity Church CWE. The Way of Love is a way of life. More than a program or curriculum, it is a return to the ancient pathways and Rules of Life that followers of Jesus have observed for centuries. They knew the power of commitment to a core set of practices –Turn, Learn, Pray, Worship, Bless, Go, Rest–and the power of gathering in a small group where you find love and support for living into these commitments. If we hope to not only worship Jesus but to grow more like him and bear his redeeming love in the world, we can adopt a rule of life like the Way of Love and find a community with which to practice it. (Sunday March 10th @ 12:15 PM; Turn; Tuesday March 19th @ 6:30 PM; Pray; Tuesday March 26th @ 6:30 PM; Learn ; Tuesday April 2nd @ 6:30 PM; Bless ; Tuesday April 9th @ 6:30 PM; Worship ; Sunday April 14th @ 12:15 PM; Go. You can learn more about The Way of Love by visiting www.episcopalchurch.org/wayoflove
- Jefferson City, 6:45-7:45 pm. Tuesday evenings in Lent - Imperfect: A Bible Study on Sin and Grace at Grace Church
Columbia, 5:30 pm, Holy Eucharist and Healing. 6:00 pm – Soup Supper in the Parish Hall followed by the Presiding Bishop’s “Way of Love” program at Calvary Church
Kirkwood, 6-8 pm, Lessons from Famous Faith Journeys. Grace Church invites you to sample the work of famous authors and explore how their stories help us experience the divine in our own lives. Our March 13 event features local graphic novelist John Hendrix to discuss his new book "Faithful Spy: Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the Plot to Kill Adolph Hitler." Come for one night or all five -- whatever fits in your schedule. We begin each evening with a soup and salad dinner and end with a brief prayer service. (Mar 13, 2019 -Apr 10, 2019)
- St. Louis, 6 - 8 pm, The Pursuing Racial Justice committee at Christ Church Cathedral is sponsoring a Wednesday night Lenten discussion series entitled “The Social Issues of Homelessness.” The series, begins on March 13Each evening’s program will include a soup and salad dinner, a featured speaker or topic, and conclude with a short Eucharist. Teka Childress, founder of Winter Outreach, will be the first speaker on March 13, and Mamma Cat, founder of The PotBangerz, will join us on March 20. Other speakers will address employment and mental health issues confronting the unhoused. The series will conclude with an overview and discussion about the cathedral’s current ministries addressing homelessness on April 10.
- University City, 6 pm. Lent Series at Holy Communion: A Wisdom Journey with the Gospel of Thomas. Simple service of Contemplative Evening Prayer at 6:00pm. Each week we will explore a different prayer practices, from the Stations of the Cross, to chant, to silent Centering Prayer. The service will finish by 6:30pm, and we will gather for a simple soup supper.
- St. Charles, 6:30 – 7:00 pm, (March 13 – April 10). Holy Eucharist at Trinity Church.
- Creve Coeur, 5:30-7:30 pm St. Tim's Lenten activity this year is an intentional commitment to a set of practices as outlined in The Way of Love. It is a commitment to follow Jesus: to Turn, Learn, Pray, Worship, Bless, Go and Rest. We will begin with Evening Prayer, then adjourn to the parish hall for a simple communal dinner of bread and soup. Members of our parish family will share their experience of the goodness of God in their life by bearing witness to an event or series of events that led to their desire to know God more deeply. We will then use the table discussion format to continue the talk, telling our own stories and bearing our own witness to each other. Parish Hall. Dates: March 7, 14, 21, 28, and April 4, 11 with last meeting on April 25 ( Sunday after Easter). This link provides more information and an invitation from our Presiding Bishop, Michael Curry, to live a life transformed by the Way of Love https://www.episcopalchurch.org/way-of-love
- Kirkwood, 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Grace Church. Lenten Labyrinth Journeys. Grace's Community Labyrinth is open to all each Thursday evening during Lent. Stop in to quiet your mind and spend time with God. Members of Grace's Labyrinth Committee will be on hand to help guide your journey if you need assistance. (Mar 7, 2019 -Apr 11, 2019)
- Manchester and Town & Country, 6 pm. HEALING SERVICE DURING LENT. The church's ministry of healing is an essential part of our identity. God seeks to heal us in mind, body, and spirit, and Lent affords the church a time and season, through prayer, fasting, and works of mercy, to receive the healing of Christ's love. During the season of Lent, a Service of Prayer and Healing will alternate locations between Church of the Good Shepherd and St. Luke's Church. We hope everyone will bring their needs and concerns, for themselves or others, that together we might offer prayers for the healing power of God's Word and Sacraments, during the holy season of Lent. March 14 - Church of the Good Shepherd; March 21 - St. Luke's ; March 28 - Church of the Good Shepherd; April 4 - St. Luke's; April 11 - Church of the Good Shepherd
- St. Louis, 6:30-8 pm. at St. Paul's, Carondelet. Lenten Thursday Night Soup, Make and Pray - Lent-based creative spirituality with Evening Prayer and topically themed scriptures
- Florissant, 11:30am. Stations of the Cross at St. Barnabas' Church.