Prayer Breakfast: Emery Washington Convocation
Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 8:30 AM
by the Rev. Jon Stratton, Dean
Emery Washington Convocation
Convocation clergy and delegates are invited to attend a prayer breakfast at Christ Church Cathedral on Tuesday August 9 at 8:30 a.m. Participants will join in prayer, learn about ministries and partnership opportunities happening throughout the convocation, and enjoy fellowship with one another with coffee and donuts.
Our keynote speaker will be The Rev. Canon Whitney Rice. Canon Rice will facilitate a discussion on shifting away from Average Sunday Attendance (ASA) as a marker of parish health and vitality, especially in a post-COVID world.
Special thanks to Alex Cook from Pro-Choice Missouri for speaking last month about the church's response to our post Roe v. Wade world. You can find information about Pro-Choice Missouri by clicking here.
Prayer breakfasts will be held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. (unless otherwise announced) at rotating parishes within the Diocese.
Draft Agenda (subject to change)
Theological Reflection on The African Diaspora Community in STL - Mtipe Koggani
Church vitality: Does ASA still matter? - Whitney Rice
Convocation News - Jon Stratton
Ministry Collaboration Parish News - Everyone
Shortened Version of Morning Prayer - Everyone
Parking and entrance instructions for the Cathedral.
- You may park in the center lot between the CCC parking lot and the US Bank lot on the Olive Street side of the cathedral/Bp Tuttle building. If a ticket is issued, the recipient should let the CCC administrator, Annette Carr, know (314-255-1641) and we will have it canceled.
- Parking in this lot is from 8:00 - 10:00 am on 8.9.22.
- Building entry is through the red doors adjacent to the parking lot, Olive Street side. Ring doorbell for entry.
- We will be meeting in Schuyler Hall. Sign in at entry; take stairs or lift to the right; follow hallway past the security desk to the elevator. Take elevator to the 4th floor and exit to Schuyler Hall to the right.
- Masks are required in the building unless eating/drinking. Coffee, water, donuts, fruit provided.