Created with flickr slideshow.
The 177th Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri took place on November 18 and 19, 2016. The entire Convention was held at the Doubletree in Chesterfield, Missouri.
The theme for this Convention was The Dying and Rising Church. The Rev. Canon Elizabeth (Liz) Easton, Canon to the Ordinary in the Diocese of Nebraska, was present to help frame honest conversations about challenges facing all our congregations—and the hope and new possibilities available to us.
Host parish for this convention was Church of the Good Shepherd in Town and Country.
- Nominations forms and brochure available online.
- 'How to submit a resolution' available online.
- Bishop's letter of invitation sent to participants in convention
- Hotel information and reservation link available online
Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2016
- Convention registration opens
- Registration for vendors and exhibitors opens
Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016
- All nominations must be received by 5 pm.
- All resolutions for both the Resolutions Committee and the Constitution and Canons committee must be received by 5 pm.
Canon citations for 50 Days before convention - all nominations received and forwarded to nominations committee, all resolutions received and forwarded to Resolutions and Constitution and Canons committees. III.6.Sec. 3; III.4.1.a & c; III.7 Sec. 2 Council to distribute to convocations prelim draft of proposed budget.
Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016
Hotel rooms need to be reserved by this date.
Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016
Canon citations: 30 Days before convention - III.7 Sec.3convocations submit budget
review with comments to Council.
Friday, Oct. 21, 2016
- Request for annual reports sent to leaders of diocesan organizations and governance bodies
Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2016
- Registration closes for convention
- Deadline for reserving Childcare
- Registration closes for Exhibitors and Vendors.
Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2016
- Perfected resolutions from Resolutions Committee due in communications office by 5 pm.
- Perfected resolutions from Constitution and Canons committee due in communications office by 5 pm.
Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016
- All annual reports due in the communications office by 5 pm.
Friday, Nov. 4, 2016
- all nominees photos and bios will be published online.
- All resolutions received and perfected by Resolutions Committee will be published online.
- All resolutions received and perfected by Constitution and Canons committee will be published online.
- Operating budget as proposed by Diocesan Council will be published online
Canon citations: At Least Two Weeks before Convention: III.4.1.d draft report from Resolutions and C&C Committees together with any resolutions to be proposed by the committees sent to members of convention.
Friday, Nov. 11, 2016
- Annual reports published online.
- Convention schedule published online.