Bishop Wayne Smith's address to the diocese
Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori's sermon at convention Eucharist
The convention booklet (in a PDF file) contains the convention agenda, bio information on all nominees, resolutions as presented to convention (not including the one presented on the floor), reports from diocesan organizations, and the budget which was approved as submitted.
A convention overview is included in the Winter 2011 Seek newsmagazine, which went to the printer on 12.20.11, and is available online as a PDF to download.
Second mailing to delegates and clergy sent on Nov. 1, 2011. Contents available online, see sidebar.
First mailing to delegates and clergy sent on August 31, 2011. Contents available online, see sidebar.
Bishop's letter to the clergy and lay delegates of the 172nd Meeting of the Convention of the Diocese of Missouri.
August 30, 2011
Dear Sisters and Brothers:
Plans for the 172nd Meeting of the Convention of the Diocese of Missouri are well under way, and our time together in November should be energizing.
We will gather Friday and Saturday, November 18-19, at Christ Church Cathedral in St. Louis. All the events are at the Cathedral, so no movement to and from other venues downtown.
Highlights for this year's Convention include:
- Our Presiding Bishop, the Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori, will be with us for her official visit to the Diocese of Missouri. She will preach at the Convention Eucharist and be with us throughout the meeting.
- I have also invited the Bishop of Lui, the Rt. Rev. Stephen Dokolo, and his wife Lillian, to join us at Convention, and I am confident that they will be able to come.
- Updates on the missional life in the Diocese of Missouri, especially as it relates to Making disciples | Building congregations | For the life of the world
- Vignettes telling the stories of various works of mission through our Diocese.
- Election to Diocesan offices.
- Consideration of proposed resolutions, perhaps including some to forward to the General Convention, meeting in July 2012.
- Consideration of a Diocesan budget for 2012.
I write also to express my thanks for your service to this Diocese and its forty-six Churches, in your role as clergy and lay delegates. For our work and for our Diocesan community, I ask your prayers.
Ever faithfully, in Christ,
The Rt. Rev. George Wayne Smith
Bishop of Missouri