The Bishop is the ecclesiastical authority of the Diocese of Missouri.
Our diocese is governed by:
- the Bishop working in conjunction with
- the Diocesan Convention which meets annually (and sometimes in special session),
- Diocesan Council and Standing Committee which meet throughout the year,
- the General Convention of the Episcopal Church, which meets every three years,
and bound by
- the Constitution and Canons of the Diocese of Missouri and the
- Constitution and Canons of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America.